Guard the Guardians with Sean Hansen is the show with one mission: help active military, veterans, first responders, and their families live better lives. You served us, now let us serve you. Please subscribe and share with your friends and family. You can reach out at:
This week we're speaking with Simon Rook, a former US Marine who has been devoting his time to creating a shared living space for those looking for cheaper housing options and a regained sense of camaraderie. Specifically, we'll be looking at:
- How enlisting can be a saving grace for many.
- What the transition from civilian life to preparing for a combat deployment is like.
- The nostalgia of being pulled over by base security while you're deployed. Yeah, you can still get a traffic ticket even when you're in a combat zone.
- Whether shifting to reserve status makes it easier to transition to civilian life.
- The stresses that we bring with ourselves when we transition to civilian life and how it can affect our future friendships and jobs.
- What shared living spaces can offer those in need of camaraderie and to local communities.
- Why making civilian friends can help transition your mindset and help you better integrate once you take off the uniform.
- How co-living spaces can be constructed to develop friendships, inspire trust, and increase a person's access to jobs while saving money.
- The issues that keep veterans from truly reintegrating in a post-service world.