Guard the Guardians with Sean Hansen is the show with one mission: help active military, veterans, first responders, and their families live better lives. You served us, now let us serve you. Please subscribe and share with your friends and family. You can reach out at:
Guard the Guardians Website
Guard the Guardians Facebook Page
Guard the Guardians Instagram @guardtheguardians
Guard the Guardians Twitter @GuardGuardians_
In this episode I was given an eye-opening education from Dr. Justin Brink on how we can improve our movement patterns and behaviors to deal with, and hopefully avoid, injury. The men and women in our community have jobs that routinely push them to the physical edge and beyond. I hope that this episode gives you new insight on how your body works so that you can live healthier. Specifically, we cover:
- What is injury.
- Why one person can be asymptomatic whereas another person is riddled with pain despite having similar injuries.
- Why the movement therapist doesn't care about your pain and focuses on your dysfunction instead.
- The flaws of rehabilitating injury based on pain.
- The three most common injury areas and what causes dysfunction.
- How lose connection with our own bodies as we age and why it doesn't have to be that way.
- How good connectivity from our feet can impact stability that affects running and lifting.
- The problems associated with modern breathing mechanics.
- The inherent problems that come with military and first responder operational lifestyles and what could help.
- Tips for finding a therapist.
- Tips for maintaining healthy movement patterns.