Guard the Guardians with Sean Hansen is the show with one mission: help active military, veterans, first responders, and their families live better lives. You served us, now let us serve you. Please subscribe and share with your friends and family. You can reach out at:
GTG Facebook Page
GTG Instagram @guardtheguardians
GTG Twitter @GuardGuardians_
In this episode I joined the boys from Mind Pump Media in their San Jose studio to dive into the flaws that they see in the fitness industry and what they see as the solution. I'm personally interested in sharing their message because I'm one of their paying customers and have benefitted from their programs and free tutorials. Additionally, their podcast Mind Pump: Raw Fitness Truth is hilarious (if you don't mind rough language) and challenging.
Listen in as we discuss:
- How and why the fitness industry takes advantage of people's physical insecurities.
- Why most effective physical transformations are a result of measured progress, day in, day out.
- The best way to incorporate fitness supplements.
- Why those of us who exist in "beast mode" should incorporate restorative activities (like meditation) to further improve performance.
- Why there is still benefit to "beast mode" for those who put themselves in harm's way and how to do it better.
- Why balancing physical and mental stimulation is critical to increased performance.
- How mobility and full range of movement is so vital in preventing injury in the gym and on the job.
- How components of cannabis can be useful for healing, reducing inflammation, and down-regulating stress.