In this week's episode we have the privilege of learning about the massively powerful and ever-growing fitness regimen of KETTLEBELL from Mike Salemi, a Kettlebell Master of Sport. Kettlebell strength and conditioning has long been a staple of the Russian military and is taking off around the world because of the versatility and portability.
Join us as we talk about:
- The power, strength, conditioning, and mental tenacity benefits of using kettlebells.
- The competition sport of kettlebell.
- The "hard" style of kettlebell and how it differs from sport kettlebell.
- What it takes to be a Kettlebell Master of Sport.
- The history of kettlebell's two major styles.
- Common movements in the "hard" style of kettlebell.
- How kettlebell has been incorporated into the school system in Russia.
- How 2-3 kettlebells can be sufficient to offer a full body workout achieving solid gains in strength, power, and conditioning.
- Tips for the best ways to develop grip strength, power, and stamina.
- The different types of kettlebells.
- How to get started with training in kettlebell.
Mike Salemi's Contact Info:
Guard the Guardians with Sean Hansen is the show with one mission: help active military, veterans, first responders, and their families live better lives. You served us, now let us serve you. Please subscribe and share with your friends and family. You can reach out at:
Guard the Guardians Facebook Page